Mobile Check Deposit FAQ
1. What is Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit feature allows for you to use your iPhone, iPad or Android device to deposit a check into an eligible checking or savings account via our Mobile App.
2. Who can use Mobile Check Deposit?
Users who are 18 years or older and have an eligible checking or savings account in good standing may use Mobile Check Deposit.
3. Is there a charge to use Mobile Check Deposit?
Standard text and data rates apply. Please check with your carrier. Non-consumer customers will receive three deposits per statement cycle at no charge. Additional deposits will incur a $0.50 fee.
4. What types of checks can I deposit through Mobile Check Deposit?
- Checks must not be drawn on a foreign bank or payable in foreign currency.
- Checks must not be altered on the front of the check in any way.
- Checks must have an authorized signature. Demand drafts or remotely created checks are not allowed.
- Checks must not be dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks must not have previously been returned stop payment or account closed.
5. What are the cut-off times for deposits made with Mobile Check Deposit?
The cut-off time is 4:00 p.m. CST.
6. When will I see my deposit online?
Deposits made before 4:00 p.m. CST will typically be available on the next business day.
7. Is there a limit to the number of checks I can deposit?
There is a daily deposit limit of $2,000.00 unless otherwise authorized by First National Bank.
8. How do I endorse the check and take a picture of it using Mobile Check Deposit?
Endorse the check just like you would with a paper check, but add “For Mobile Deposit Only” above your signature on the back of the check. The Mobile App will walk you through how to take a photo of your check.
9. What should I do with my check after I have made a Mobile Check Deposit?
Retain your deposited check for 30 days and then destroy it. Do NOT deposit the check again.
10. Can I split a deposit into two accounts?
Not at this time.
11. How will I know if a hold is placed on my check?
We will call and notify you.
12. What should I do if my deposit stopped while it was in the middle of processing?
The deposit will need to be re-done. Nothing will happen to your deposit until you receive the “Deposit has been successfully submitted” message.
13. What do I do if I accidentally entered the wrong amount?
This will be corrected on the back-end to match the check.