Standing (left to right): Murlin Hawkins, Director; Josephine Oltmann, Chairman Emeritus; Homer Henke, Director; William S. Meyer, Director.
Sitting (left to right): Gina Lotter, Executive Vice President; Celeste Hardnock, Chairman; Larry Ziglar, President.
The First National Bank in Staunton is committed to providing quality financial services, which are responsive to our customers' needs. A professional and friendly staff will ensure we offer quality customer service. Maintaining a strong capital position is imperative to achieving these goals and ensuring the bank’s future growth and success.
History of First National Bank in Staunton
- 1934 - First National Bank chartered through a consolidation with Staunton National Bank.
- 1970 - The bank was relocated to its present address of 115 S. Elm St. Staunton, Illinois.
- 1984 - Livingston branch established.
- 1988 - Worden branch established.
- 1991 - First Staunton Bancshares, Inc. is formed as a one-bank holding company.
- 1993 - Acquisition of the Benld Loan Association, renamed First National Bank of Benld.
- 1994 - Acquisition of Lemont Federal Savings and Loan in Bethalto, renamed First of Bethalto.
- 1994 - Expansion of the Staunton office and relocation of the drive-up facility.
- 1996 - Established a facility in Behme’s grocery store in Holiday Shores.
- 1999 - Established a facility in Troy.
- 2002 - Acquisition of Hamel and Maryville locations.
- 2004 - Relocation of Holiday Shores facility.
- 2005 - Acquisition of National Bank branches in Mt. Olive, Mt. Clare and Livingston.
- 2005 - Established Mt. Olive facility.
- 2005 - Expansion and remodel of Benld facility.
- 2007 - Relocated & built a new Maryville facility
- 2008 - Expanded Staunton Office.
- 2009 - Built a new Troy facility.
- 2011 - Remodel of Mt. Olive facility.
- 2011 - Established the Loan Processing Center in Staunton.
- 2012 - Remodeled exterior of Hamel facility.